Novel Coronavirus information for patients
UPDATE 25/3/20 – EMERGENCY TREATMENT ONLY
Bay Road Dental is responding to the evolving advice relating to the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic. We are classified as an ESSENTIAL service, and will remain available to provide ESSENTIAL & EMERGENCY treatment as required at this time. We feel a community responsibility to the Bayside area to ensure our local hospitals are not burdened by dental emergencies.
Please be reassured we have your health and safety paramount in all of our protocol. As an officially ACCREDITED dental practice, we continue to undertake stringent infection control measures to KEEP YOU SAFE.
If you are unwell or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days, you can KEEP US SAFE by deferring until you have seen your health pracititioner.
We have introduced additional measures to further reduce any risk at our clinic:
– Updating medical / travel history questionnaires. Non-urgent appointments can be rescheduled.
– Temperature checks prior to proceeding to treatment rooms
– Alcohol based hand rub gel available for use
– Allowance for patients to wait in their vehicle or outside the clinic prior to their appointment
– Minimising accompanying guests with patients and improved spacing between seating to improve social distancing.
– Removal of toys and magazines in waiting room.
– Preoperative mouthrinses
– Reduction in aerosols and the use of a rubber dam as required
– Increased frequency of environmental surface management.
– Deferring any non urgent treatment for up to 6months
It is our social responsibility to protect the most vulnerable in our local community. We all must play our part. Please use hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, as we do.
If you are feeling unwell, have recently travelled overseas, or have had known contact with someone with COVID19, please phone our receptionists on (03) 95983580 to reschedule your appointment.